Why do I need to convert my documents into a digital format?
There are three main reasons for converting your documents:
1. Disaster Recovery – storing all of your company's paper documents in one location runs the risk of everything being lost should the worst happen. Duplicate copies of your master CD ROMS can be stored in multiple locations. The system can then be easily re-stored if required.
2. Time Management – reduce the time employees spend finding files in on-site storage, or worse waiting for documents in off-site storage. Documents can be retrieved in under a second without ever leaving your desk.
3. Cost – conversion is a one off cost. Your documents can be kept for life, with no more storage costs if the documents are hosted on your own servers, which together with the saving in your employees time translates to considerable cost savings.
What are the benefits of having our documents Hosted?
1. Our Hosting Servers and Lines are dedicated to Document Storage, with no additional loading. They are also fully Secure, Mirrored and Daily Backed-Up.
2. It can be extremely cost-effective to Host, when the hardware and staff costs associated with upgrading and maintaining your existing equipment are offset.
3. All Hosting Customers automatically receive the latest version of the software Free Of Charge, as soon as it is released.
4. When using our Scanning Bureau, new documents are added to the system immediately, enabling Live Daily Conversion.
What formats are the digital images saved as?
Our software uses a compressed tiff format, though conversion into other Windows Image and office formats are possible. Our Services also include PDF conversion, with documents being converted into a variety of searchable and non-searchable Adobe PDF formats.
What mediums can the images be stored on?
Images are returned on write-once CD-ROM's (large archives can be returned on write-once DVD's). Smaller jobs can be returned via ftp. The images are then automatically imported from the CD-ROM into the system by the Import Module.
How many images can you store on a 100 Gb hard drive?
Approximately 2.5 million documents.
How do I find my images once they have been scanned?
Our purpose written Software allows you to Store and Retrieve your Digital Documents across your Internal Network, Intranet and the Internet. Retrieval is as simple as selecting your search criteria and clicking View. The volume of stored documents does not effect the retrieval time. Typical retrieval time across a network is under a second depending on server loading.
Can I retrieve documents across my network?
Yes, images can be retrieved over Internal Networks, Corporate Intranets and the Internet.
Can I link the images to our existing software packages?
Yes, because all of our software products have been designed in house, we can adapt the output to match the requirements of your existing packages. We are already linked to several major finance packages. We can also easily import existing scanning from other packages into our system.
Do you build complete systems?
Yes, we can supply all of our software pre-installed on a new PC, built to your specifications, together with scanners and any other hardware required.
Can I scan my own documents?
Yes, you can scan and index your own documents, including Office files. This is available no-matter whether the data is being hosted by us or yourselves.
Why should I use a Bureau Service?
Our Bureau Service is set up solely to convert documents. As such we are very efficient and know all of the problems associated with the process. It is much more cost effective, to use our Bureau Service, which is running full time, than to pay an existing employee to scan small batches in stops and starts. Our Bureau uses large industrial scanners, that are both faster and produce a better quality images, than smaller main stream units.
Are digital images legally admissible in court?
Due to the fact that the CD-ROM cannot be tampered with, the majority of documents are now Legally Admissible in this format.
How can I get my documents to you?
We have our own Collection Service, which can be arranged on a periodic basis. Alternatively boxes can be couriered, or sent direct using our Post Room Service.
What volumes of paperwork do you usually deal with?
Job Volumes vary widely, with archives ranging from 20,000 documents to 6,000,000 and ongoing work from 5,000 to 100,000 documents a month.
What happens to the documents once they have been converted?
Your documents can be Returned, Confidentially Shredded or Stored.
Do you store boxes?
We have one of the securest document/box storage facility in whole UK.
How much does it cost to have my documents converted?
Costs vary from job to job, depending on preparation requirements, indexing criteria, OCR options, conversion formats and volumes. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Tel: 0161 870 6301
e-Mail: CLOAKING CLOAKING